United Arab Emirates . Maldives . Sri Lanka 15 day-er
I'm going to try something a lil' different with my blog this time around, instead of writing words upon words about every detail of my Adventure, I've decided to do bullet highlights of info, tips and such.
Al Sufouh Road, PO Box 213084; Dubai, United Arab Emirates; Jumeirah Beach Rd - Dubai - United Arab Emirate
Map. Phone: (971)(4) 399 4141
Pool : Yes, oceanside
Accomodations: Ocean-view, we were upgraded !
This was our first time flying on Emirates Airways from LAX to DUB. 2 and 1/2 days... Best airline I have ever flown on. They upgraded us to business class for a 1-1/2 hr segment. AMAZING. You are handed fresh towels pre-takeoff. The food is award winning. Spacious. Free booze. Be sure to join their frequent flyer program. The Dubai Airport is gorgeous.
- Passports/Visas : We bought ours online at these 2 sites. One was 20.00 and the other is a middle man of sorts 39.99. Bring a copy, just incase.
- Mention birthday/Anniversary celebrations
- Greeted with warm towel, apple spiced drink and dates.
- Pools, swim up bar, fantastic ocean views and "The World"/ Atlantis
- We we're warned against the double decker bus, "Mall entrapment".
- Muslum : no worries, no need to cover up. Bathing suits, mini-skirts, t-shirts all welcomed !
- Beach parks in Dubai, there are 2 Major ones : Al Mamzar and Jumeirah beach/chalets for rent
*** Camel riding on the beach ! on JBP.
- Absolute must do's : Tallest building in the world: Burg Kalifia. Largest Mall in the world: Dubai Mall. Only 7 star hotel in the world: Burg Al Arab. Worlds largest water fountain show.
- "The World & Palm Island".
- English speaking
Furanafushi Island, North Malé Atoll 08240, Republic of Maldives
Phone: (960) 664 2010 Fax: (960) 664 1979
A free 30-day visa is issued on arrival for all nationalities. Guests must present a valid passport, a ticket to continue the journey out of Maldives and the W Retreat & Spa – Maldives confirmation of reservation.
The following items are prohibited in the Maldives and will be retained at the customs service upon arrival: Religious materials offensive to Islam, idols (for worship), pornographic material, narcotics and psychotropic substances, arms, alcohol and spirits, pork and its by-products, dogs and dangerous animals.
Landing in Male' W Airport Lounge
Speed boat to N. Male' : Speedboat transfer from/to airport is mandatory & will be charged automatically at US$100/person.
Accomodation: Over-water Suite | Over-water Villa (private infinity pool) King Bed
• Water Bungalow Non-smoking, Smoke-free • 54 Sq.m/581 Sq.ft• Ocean View • Over Water • High-speed Internet For A Fee • Secluded Patio With Views
Gst 6.6 Percent Per Room Per Night Not In The Rate
Govt Bed Tax 8.0 Usd Per Person Per Night Not In The Rate
Service Charge 10.0 Percent Per Room Per Night Not In The Rate
My Birthday ! Goals :
Fesdu Island, North Ari Atoll 09110 Republic of Maldives
Phone: (960) 666 2222 Fax: (960) 666 2200
Pool : Yes
Compulsory seaplane transfer from/to airport at US$393/person. Operating hours:06AM-04PM. Baggage limit 25kgs/person. Guest must be 13 years and above
Accomodation: Beach Oasis w/ private pool
·JUST ASK ·ROOMS ·WHATEVER/WHENEVER ·COCKTAILS/CUISINE ·DESTINATION ·WHERE TO FIND US ·VENUES
231 Galle Road
Phone: 94 11 4520130
Fax: 94 114520150
of creating this hotel involved restoring the building back to its former grandeur.
Each of its suites are unique as rooms were created from within a house, and therefore, no two suites are alike. Each has its own distinct colour hues, layout and character. Yet all suites offer space and the finest in comfort and conveniences. Suites are 500 sqft (45 Sq mtrs) on average and go up to to 1,000 sq ft (90 sq mtrs) in space. What makes our Suites uniquely different is our very distinct designer style, since every piece of furniture, décor, fabric and lighting has been custom designed by the hotels founder Lalin Jinasena.
Accommodations: Traveler Suite
6’ x 6 ½ floating bed, WC, separate shower, Nakamitchi LCD TV, Sound system, I Pod movies, Writing desk, IDD phone, dataport, safe, intelligent lighting, luxury toiletry to choose from. A mini bar hidden in an antique pettagama. These Suites are very individual in layout and size, even include a fantastic duplex suite, some with unique marble floors, and most with a beautiful moulded ceiling.
Goal: To ride an elephant on the beach.